Sunday, June 1, 2008

Garden like your life depends on it!

Well, we finally got our garden planted. I almost thought we would never get it done this year because we kept running into problems. From the very beginning of the spring I knew we would have problems because the older man in our town who always tills our garden has been in the hospital for quite a few months. We didn't know if he was going to ever get better and if he would even be able to drive his tractor. Then, the winter lasted forever and the spring has been so incredibly wet that we haven't been able to do anything! To make matters worse, when the ground wasn't wet, Randy spent all his time at work planting the garden there! Finally, yesterday was the first day that the weather was nice and Randy didn't have to go to work. He talked me into buying a bigger tiller and we finally got the thing planted! Randy is such a trooper, he stayed out there all night with his head lamp and flashlight just to get it all done. Even Rayden helped him hold the flashlight! I am just glad I have a husband who knows how to garden and who loves it enough to get it done. It is really nice to have fresh veggies all summer long and also to be able to can and bottle some for the winter months. I wanted to post some pictures of the garden but Randy won't let me until some of the seeds start to come up. I guess you all will just have to wait a week or two to see how beautiful it looks!

No comments: