Thursday, June 19, 2008

What a Miracle!





Here is Randy's baby picture so you can see how much they look like each other!






He finally made it!! What can I say, I am so relieved! He was born on Monday the 16th. As I was predicting, I went into my appointment and the doctor sent me over to Labor and Delivery. Of course it helped that I started having contractions on my way to the doctor and when I told her that she stripped my membranes to help things along and sent me on my way. I was a little nervous because Randy hadn't landed yet and I couldn't leave him a voicemail because his phone was acting up. Luckily, Ryker waited for his daddy to get there! As soon as Randy got to the hospital the doctor broke my water and with much pain, a lot of drugs, a few hours and a couple pushes he was out! One good thing about my babies being so big and long and my body being very short is that they come out pretty quick with just a few pushes! Anyway, he ended up being 8 lbs. 10 oz. 22 in. long! He looks so much like his daddy but some people say they can see little bits of me in there! Of course Rayden is so excited to finally have baby brother here! He was so cute in the hospital and kept wanting to lay down next to mommy and baby. He is such a big helper and is handling it all really well. The funniest things was when Ryker was having gas and I said to Rayden, "oh Ryker is going potty". Rayden pointed to the bathroom and said hurry hurry. I had to explain to him that Ryker has diapers and the toilet is for big brothers like Rayden. It is definitely going to be a learning experience for all of us. We are so blessed to have him here in our family and to have him healthy! What a miracle.

5 comments:

Nina Serene said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy that Randy was able to be there. I am looking forward to meeting Ryker next time you come to visit... or move back. :)

Sarah Jimenez said...

Congrats yea!! I can't get over how huge Ryker is! What a cutie. I love Rayden's little comments. He is going to be a great big brother. I am also glad that Randy made it there in time. Did you have an epidural? I hope that we get to meet him soon. And I also hope that you guys are adjusting well and getting lots of rest. I can't imagine having 2 kids. You'll have to fill me in... take care!

Me said...

yay he finally came, what a cutie!!

Drew and Jenny said...

Hey Barbs! It's your cousin Jenny and I just wanted to say congrats on Ryker! I can't imagine pushing something so big out with your little body but he is so cute! Well try to get some sleep and if you want to see our little guy check us out at drewandjenyerg.blogspot.com. Oh, and congrats on graduating!

Shana said...

Congratulations, He is so cute. I have been thinking about you guys a lot and I have wanted to call you. Brittany told me that you guys moved to Utah. Rayden is getting so big. Anyways were are expecting a girl in Jan. If you want to check out my blog (that Brittany just introduced me to blogging it is really easy) anyway my blog address is http://everythingbangerter.blogspot.com
Talk to you soon.