Saturday, June 14, 2008

Just Great....

Can life get any more hectic! Just as I was hoping that this baby would come as soon as possible, life throws a curve ball at me. Now I am doing everything I can to keep him in a little longer, despite the miserable condition. I don't know what it is about Thursday and Friday but for the last three weeks those are the two days that I get so many contractions and almost go into the hospital. Now I am seriously counting on those days next week for my next wave of contractions because Randy will not be around much until then. Not only is next week one of the most busiest weeks ever for him at work because of seminar & graduation, but he also has the 11 yr. old scout camp overnighter that he has to go to because none of fathers will support their children and help out with the camp. He did manage to talk, or rather beg, one father into going but he can't be there the whole time. Since the church requires two Priesthood holders be there it looks like Randy is not getting out of it unless someone else will step up to the plate. I'm actually kind of hoping I go into labor after my Dr. appointment on Monday afternoon so that he is just forced to go with me to the hospital. I am such a horrible person for thinking that, I know.

Then, as if things couldn't get more crazy, at the last minute Randy has to rush out to Utah for a 24 hr. period and I am just praying that I do not have to have this baby alone!! I can see it now, me in the Labor & Delivery room screaming at the nurses and not having anyone there to give me any sympathy or video record it so I can laugh years later at how pathetic I am when it comes to any amount of pain! I seriously am a wimp!

OH and to make things worse, Rayden gets this mysterious cold from out of the blue! He hasn't even been around any other kids in the last few days that I can think of and we've mostly just been at home so I'm not sure where it came from. His colds always start out with an awful cough that sounds like the croup and then it turns into a nasty cold. When he woke up from his nap yesterday with the dreaded cough I knew right then I didn't want the baby coming for a while until this cold passes. One thing I like about summer babies is that you don't have to be too scared about them catching a lot of sickness being so tiny and fragile. I am hoping that he gets well before the baby comes so he can enjoy his new baby brother and not spread the germs!

So, for now I guess I will just be a couch potato for the next three days and try not to do anything that will help the process along. Although, I would like to finish painting the dresser for the baby. I have one more coat of paint and then I just need to find some drawer handles. I guess an hour of sitting down painting isn't too much work. Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Sarah Jimenez said...

Good luck Barbara! I am sorry that life has been so hectic. That is not easy for the end of a pregnancy. I hope that Randy is able to be there for you in the delivery room. That really stinks that the scouts dads won't step up and help. Those are supposed to be the fun activities that dad's want to be a part of. I hope everything goes well- and when the timing is the best.s

Barbara said...

Thanks for the encouragement. It helps to know that many other women out there know the pains and stress of childbirth and can offer sympathy in times of need. I am also really grateful that I have a lot of neighbors relatively close by that are willing to help out.