Thursday, June 26, 2008

Getting back to life

Okay, I have taken a million pictures that I just want to post but let's face it, I've a new little one in addition to Rayden and short on time. So for now I thought I would put a quick update in to let you all know how we are doing. The excitement of the new baby has definitely worn off for Rayden. He no longer calls the baby by his name but just points and says "put him down". He also asks if the baby will go back in my tummy. I know it will take time to get used to but Rayden sure is jealous right now. I try reading extra stories with him and try to make him feel important while the baby is sleeping but it just isn't working. I guess it has been helping that Randy has actually been sticking to his work schedule and coming home during the afternoon to spend time with Rayden. It also has been nice that some of my friends have taken him for the day to play with their kids. I have some really great ward members and friends that have really helped out a lot!

Yes!! I finally got off the couch yesterday and got dressed in real clothes! It felt so good even though my clothes were really tight! Now if I can just have the energy to do the laundry or at least straighten up the house a little. I don't remember being so useless after having Rayden but I guess it is different after a second baby. Give me a few more days, or maybe a week, and I'll be back in full commission.

1 comment:

Sarah Jimenez said...

Hey busy momma! Thanks for the update. I am glad things are going well. Sorry to hear about the jealous bout. That would be hard to learn to deal with. I am sure Rayden will get better with time. Sounds like you are doing a great job handling it all.