Friday, July 25, 2008

Sleeping through the night




For the last two nights Ryker has slept from about 10:00 pm to 6:00 am. It has been pretty nice. He is still a little fussy and has puked all over me a couple time in the last two days but other than that he is doing good. He is starting to get some fat rolls on his legs and his cheeks keep getting chubbier! I'm so excited to go out to Utah next week so some of you all can finally see him! Pictures just do not do this kid justice. He is just "so cute" as Rayden would say!

In other news, my face is getting a lot better. I still can't close my eye all the way and my top lip still can't move all the way. If I smile with my mouth closed you can't tell at all but once I try and do a big cheesy smile it still looks a little funny.

Randy was working hard in the garden picking all the beans for me. He and Rayden were having fun sticking them to their shirts and making designs. My friends came over and helped me bottle the beans. I didn't have a whole lot to bottle but it sure took us all afternoon. I ended up doing about 13 pints and 3 quarts. We only had one casualty. One of the jars burst and there were beans all over in the pressure cooker when we opened it up! Then I decided to bottle some more peaches. I did about 10 quarts. However, 1 quart burst and 1 quart I decided to just eat. I was thinking of doing some more this weekend but I probably won't because I have a lot of other more important things to do.

2 comments:

James and Jamie Miller said...

Your kids are so cute!!! I'm glad to hear that your new little one is sleeping so well! I'm sure it helps you out a lot!

Sarah Jimenez said...

They really are SO CUTE!! I am glad that Ryker is sleeping so good for you. That must be really nice! Way to go on all the canning! So does this Utah include a trip south?!? I will actually be in Salt Lake Aug 5 and 6 if you'll be there then... I'd love to see you guys and hold Ryker!