Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Summer life


Randy and Rayden were having fun this morning putting mulch around all the trees in the yard. Rayden found a toy gun in the yard from the neighbors and was having fun playing. They also found some turtle eggs in the big pile of mulch!

I wanted to get a picture of Ryker in his cute summer outfit but I look like death in this picture. If you look close you can see my retarded face! I went to the doctor and they said it is most likely Bell's Palsy. They sent me over to the hospital to have an MRI just to make sure everything was okay. The MRI was negative so that is good. My doctor wanted me to see a Neurologist just in case because I am postpartum. The Neurologist just said it is a mild case of Bell's Palsy and should go away on it's own in a few weeks or months. They also drew some blood to run some tests just to check things out. I have to go back in two weeks for a follow-up. So I guess it's not so bad, I just feel really funny looking. It could be a lot worse so I'm trying to stay positive!

Here is some of our garden. It is pretty pathetic this year. We haven't gotten hardly anything so far except a few small tomatoes and a little squash and a little peas. Hopefully our beans will pull through and the cantaloupe and watermelon.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sarah Jimenez said...

I love all the new pics Barbara! My uncle actually just got over Bells Palsy. It had his family all pretty worried too. He had a mild case and with a light prescription h was over it in less than 2 weeks. I hope your heals quickly. Rylee was a pretty gassy baby who always wanted to be held and we found out she had silent reflux- like acid reflux but they aren't spitting up all the time. they put her on prevacid and she was instantly better.
Congrats on the call on your house! I hope it works out for you guys.
I wish Utah's grass grew as good as Missouri's. We have to water and water and we're lucky if the grass grows and even luckier if we can get it green and soft!