Monday, July 7, 2008

Swimming




Okay, so my 4th of July may not have been the greatest, but we sure had fun as a family on the 5th! Randy wanted to go birthday shopping so I gave him all the time he wanted at his favorite store and I promised I wouldn't get impatient. So, I dropped him off and took the kids to another store to get treats for the afternoon. Once Randy found what he was looking for I picked him up and we were off to the swimming pool! It was a little overcast and for the 5th of July. It sure wasn't very warm and the water was freezing cold! I was even cold just sitting on a chair reading my book. After about an hour or so the sun started to come out and it got HOT! Even though I couldn't swim and play around with Rayden in the water, it was an enjoyable day to be outside. Ryker was so good and just slept the whole afternoon while I sat by the pool and read my book! After swimming we had to head back home because the missionaries were coming over for dinner. We had a good visit with them and have committed once again (hopefully this time we will follow through) to help them find people to teach. They shared some really good ideas and taught us some effective ways to help us in this endeavor! So, I bet you can guess what we are doing for FHE tonight!

I also should mention that yesterday was my first Sunday back at church since having the baby. I felt like a visitor in my own ward because it was my first time going to our new building. I felt weird asking people where the restroom was and the primary room. Also, I don't think very many people knew I had the baby because everyone was so shocked that I was there and had the baby. I don't know how they could be shocked, if they saw me the Sunday before I had him I was enormous! Anyway, it was just weird being there, and let me say it was very difficult! Ryker was so gassy and kept crying the whole time. It's just a good thing I didn't have to play the organ or teach sharing time or conduct or sub with the music. Actually, I did help play the piano for a few minutes but that didn't last long because of his screaming. I hope next Sunday goes a little more smoother. I guess I'll have to remember to give him some gas drops before we go!

2 comments:

Sarah Jimenez said...

I am glad you had a fun 5th of July! I am sorry your first Sunday back wasn't the easiest going. Where are you in a new building at? It sounds like the church is continuing to grow out there- good job! The water park you guys went to looks like lots of fun. I am sure Rayden had a blast.

Barbara said...

It's the same building as before they just totally built onto it so it is about the size of a stake center. It is really nice! However, I wish they would've made the primary room a little bigger. It barely fits all the kids. We've been going to the Cameron Ward building for the last year and the primary was meeting in the back of the gym because the young women were using the original primary room. It was really frustrating. Anyway, we love our new building!