Sunday, September 27, 2009

Just a few photos

We've been pretty busy this last month with all sorts of different projects and I've been slack'n at posting some pictures. So here are just a few! First of all, if any of you know me I absolutely love to BAKE!!! I also love to cook, but not as much as baking. Anyway...Rayden must be developing my love of baking because last Sunday he asked if he could make chocolate cake. I helped him a little bit but he made most of the cake from scratch all by himself. I think his most favorite part was licking the bowl!!!

YUMMMMMMY!

This is just a random picture...Rayden and I were playing swords one day and I thought I'd snap a picture of him with his sword. I thought it looked kind of cool how the sword actually seemed to glow in the picture!

Just another picture of one of my baking projects. These are stuffed peaches and they are to die for! I got the recipe off of Studio 5 which is my most favorite daytime show right now!! It is dangerous for me to watch because then I start baking way too much.

I know this picture is kind of blurry but I wanted to mention that Rayden and his Riddle Grandparents and Cousins participated in the ATV Jamboree Parade a few weeks ago and are most likely going to be in the guiness book of world records!!! The parade broke the world record for the most ATV's to ride in a parade with just over 2000 ATV's.

The parade started at about 6:30 pm and so I thought I'd just take Ryker to watch it while Randy did some studying. As the first ATV's started coming down main street they were going so fast and I thought, oh this will only last about 10 min. and then it will be over. I got my camera out and turned it on all ready to snap one of the family driving by. Well, wheeler after wheeler kept going by and I just didn't see the family. I kept thinking any minute they had to be coming. I finally turned off my camera when I realized this was going to be a long parade.

An hour later, yes folks you heard me right, Randy showed up and thought he would see the tail end of it with me and go back home to study. However, the wheelers kept coming and coming and still no family. I think the whole parade went well past 8:00 pm but I'm not exactly sure how long. When the family finally drove by it was getting pretty dark and they went so fast I couldn't get a great picture. But, Rayden loved it and had a great time!!!!

This silly little guy loves to eat!! You'd think he would be bigger because he eats so much! I was out picking apples in the back yard and he snuck up and grabbed an apple out of the bucket. I told him no! no! because some of the apples had worm holes and I didn't want him eating them. He would look at me and slowly put it down, but then immediately pick it back up again as soon as I looked away. After doing this a few times, I got back to work picking. I looked over a few minutes later and what did I see....Ryker had not one, but two apples!!! He would take a bite out of one and before he could chew it all the way he already had the other apple up to his mouth taking more bites!


We also had a lot of fun camping over Labor Day. We went up to Big Lake for a few days and we just relaxed! It was pretty chilly but the kids had a blast.

Ryker of course was constantly a mess, but he was loving the dirt and being outdoors 24/7. He was definitely in his element.

Cheese!!!


Another baking project....
We had a neighborhood block party and my mother-in-law asked if I could make some cupcakes. I thought it would be fun to decorate them like watermelons!! The were a big hit with the kids!


Last but not least, here is one of Rayden's creations!!! He wanted to make a robot one day so I found some ideas online. What we ended up making wasn't quite a robot. He ended up giving his wacky monster creation to his dad to put in his office so it would remind him to have a happy day. After we made the monster Rayden said to me, "Mom, I want to make a REAL robot that moves." Sorry kid you're out of luck....Mom has no idea how to make a real robot that moves!

4 comments:

Mat and Brooke said...

Man! What a fun update! So much to catch up on! Your boys are darling. SO darling, it just makes me smile looking at their pictures! :)
Also, I can't believe the amazing things you bake! Everything looks to pretty to eat! Those watermelon cupcakes are one of the cutest, most appetizing things I've ever seen!

Nina said...

So I was wondering where you got the cool light saber until I read that it dosn't really light up. I love when you post pictures of what is going on in your family because I feel like your just down the street. Wouldn't that be great! Any news on your house selling?

Di said...

FUN!!! I love the robo-dude, the cupcakes look GREAT- I've never even heard of stuffed peaches but it sounds awesome- and I'm thrilled that Chef Rayden Uses his apron! Hurrah!

Barbara said...

Nina,
Actually the sword does light up, we got it at Disneyland. However, when I took the picture it wasn't turned on but it still glowed in the picture! I so wished I lived down the street too!! There is a girl that wants to buy our home but she is having a hard time finding a lender because she is 18 and doesn't have a lot of credit. Also, it is difficult to find a lender for a manufactured home. We are praying that she can find a lender before she gives up on our home!!