Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fashion-not-so-Savvy

Okay all you girls out there...I am in need of some more help! So if you are reading this, please take a moment to help a poor, fashion-less girl like myself.

I was thinking the other day how incredibly plain and boring my wardrobe is and how I'm always a year or two behind the current fashion trend! This is partly because I always go for the sale rack because I am poorer than poor.

So, every time I go shopping I think about how my wardrobe is mostly just plain shirts without any fancy design and no accessories to speak of. I try and think of what I can buy that will help me be fashionable and stand out. But no matter how hard I try, I always end up with the same plain old tee-shirts to replace my old, faded or stained ones.

Since fall is coming up, which means the weather will be turning cold and none of my clothes fit from last fall, Shopping Time!!!!

I usually am so excited to go shopping but all I keep thinking this time is, WARNING! WARNING! Don't get plain old shirts just like every other shirt in your closet. But the truth is, I have no idea how to avoid it! I want to be fashionable, but at the same time I don't want to break the bank! How is this done????? Is there a secret out there that I just don't know about?

I also keep reading or hearing everywhere that NEON is back in fashion?! For Fall??? I don't see anyone around my town wearing neon, but it is a small town so maybe I'm mistaken. I'm also not so sure about the legging look. I know it's been around for a while and I haven't yet dared to try any on or even know what looks good with them. Am I just Fashion-less or what????

I think I just need someone who has an eye for fashion to take me shopping and help me find all the great fashion's for less! So, if any of you have any fashion tips or finds you would like to share......Be. My. Guest.

7 comments:

Nina said...

I always think you look cute, but maybe I am just fashion-not-so-savvy too. Brooke always looks soo cute and I know she is good at finding deals. Maybe the three of us could go shopping and all of us could be fashionable. This time we won't leave the store with tiny shorts like we did in high school. I don't know what we were thinking.

Mat and Brooke said...

...Nina!? What do you mean, "What were we thinking?" We were a group of hot babes with some nice little legs to show off!! I don't know about YOU, but I say we go out and shoot for THAT look again! Only this time, we'll look like we've placed some beautiful biking shorts underneath our daisy dukes! ...Okay, so maybe that's NOT quite the look we're going for.

So...moving on, I think the Park City outlets are the best places to shop. There are so many stores so close together so you have plenty of fun choices in clothing. I never spend very much money on clothes, I just look for 40% off sales, and when I find something I LOVE, I'll buy a few of that item. You can wear them differently with jewelry and other accessories...which I always buy at the BASS outlet store for 50-80% off! Fun stuff! And I really don't like shopping much. Really :)

Haiku Amy said...

Fashion not so savvy must run in the family, because I am not fashionable either. We are in the same boat sista.

Suzy Tranter said...

Okay so I'm not so fashion savvy but I am super cheap! The best places I have found to shop are Burlington Coat Factory...excellent deals. And believe it or not, I get the most compliments on things I buy from Gen-X. That truly is my favorite store and my favorite hidden secret!

Ashley DeMille said...

Umm, what are you talking about??? you always have the cutest clothes ever. I must be really behind on the times because I just want to look like you all the time!

Barbara said...

Thanks gals for all your tips!! I'm way pumped to go shopping and just can't wait. Now I just need to find some time...hmmmmm.

Di said...

Hah! If you're behind then I'm in the stone age (you probably already knew that :) I agree with Ashley- I always want to look just like you! And as for plain shirts etc- I fashion lady came to my ward once and told us to stick with a few basic colors, that way you can have fewer clothes but LOTS of outfits because they can all go together. The way you accessorize your plain old t-shirts make them all different too- color under, over, necklaces, pants, etc. Have fun shopping, but stick with what you like because you're always gorgeous!