Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Truly Blessed!

About a month ago Randy's brother called saying there was an ad in the paper for an opening for a Probation Officer. At first I really didn't think Randy would apply for it because he kind of already had a plan going for school and was thinking of taking his career in a different direction. Well, Randy has always been interested in working for the state because there are so many great benefits offered and he loves working with youth. Although he loves his current job and had hopes of moving up soon and working on his Graduate degree, he just couldn't pass up the offer and applied for the job. It was quite a process, while at the same time he was trying to apply for Graduate school. After weeks of waiting he got a call to have an interview.

Thinking our town was pretty small, I pretty much assumed in the beginning that he would get an interview because there couldn't be that many people applying for the job. Boy was I wrong to assume so quickly! I found out later that he was 1 of about 6 people who got called in for an interview out of the 150 people who applied!!!! I didn't realize that the job was posted all throughout the state! Anyway, I was so nervous after I found out how many people had applied and I honestly was scared he wouldn't get the job! I wanted so bad for him to get it because it would mean that our family could finally get on a normal schedule after years of crazy schedules! This job is basically a Mon-Fri, 8 - 5! That would mean I would finally have nights and weekends with my husband!!!! Oh how I desperately wanted him to get this job!

Let me just say, the last two days have been THE LONGEST days of my life just waiting to find out!! Randy and I both have been so antsy, and every time the phone would ring our hearts would start to pound and our stomachs would do flips! Finally the waiting is over....He got the JOB!!! At least this step of waiting is over. There are still other areas of our lives that still require more waiting but we are trying to be patient.

We still have to wait to see if Randy gets into Grad school. There are only 50 spots in the whole state and he still has to take one class that is required that he didn't take as part of his Bachelor's degree. Of course they will give priority to those who have all the requirements but they know he is taking the course and he'll finish it in two months!

Our little family truly has been blessed! Thank you everyone who has been praying for Randy over the past few weeks. He is so grateful to have so many wonderful friends and family who support him! Most of all we are so grateful for our Heavenly Father who watches over our family!

1 comment:

Sarah Jimenez said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful. It will be so nice to be on a set schedule and able to make plans.