Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Our Easter weekend adventures....



Here it is...pictures from our Easter weekend adventures. We actually had a full week of Easter fun. We started off the week coloring Easter eggs for F.H.E. The cousins came over and we had a blast coloring eggs and decorating a bunny cake. It ended up also being a birthday celebration for cousin Brittyn.


Grandma had so many different colors to dye the eggs and the kids loved finding what surprises grandma drew on the eggs before they were colored.

Here is the cute little bunny cake. I think it turned out pretty good for being thrown together at the last minute! The kids loved it, especially Brittyn. He picked out the color...Blue! I've never seen a blue bunny before but I guess there's a first time for everything!

Our next adventure for the week...ROCK CLIMBING! Oh we just love that there is so many great climbing spots in Utah and we don't have to drive all day just to get to them! I must say, having a baby while on a climbing trip isn't the most fun but we managed. Here is little Ryker catching some z's. He didn't get too many of those during the whole weekend and now we are paying for it. He is sick and also having a rough time getting back on schedule. Darn those schedules.

Randy had some fun repelling in some slot canyons with his buddy Dave while mom and the boys hit the stores! Luckily for mom the kids were angels at the store!


Ryker LOVED the dirt! And everything else he couldn't have...rocks, leaves, sticks.

Our next adventure was camping with the Riddle's! Let's just say by the time camping came, mom was worn out! It wasn't the best camping trip ever but I'm sure there will be more exciting ones to come as the weather gets warmer.

Here's the Riddle family (all except RaNell)

Ryker doesn't look too thrilled....Mom is actually putting on a fake cheeser (I felt how Ryker looks)

Rayden sure loved the camping. He loved playing with cousins and playing with all the toys he got in the Easter hunt. The Easter Bunny left so many sage brushes full of toys, candy, & MONEY!

We ended the weekend with a wonderful relaxing Easter Sunday. We enjoyed a wonderful church meeting where we could remember the Savior and the sacrifice he made for us. Most of all we cherish the true meaning of Easter that HE LIVES and LOVES us!

3 comments:

Nina said...

It sounds like a fun Easter week. I loved all the pictures. You are so beautiful, and I can't believe how big your boys are getting!

bundy family said...

You look so good Barbara. How do you get so dang skinny? And fun that you guys are by all your family now.

Barbara said...

When I had to have my gallbladder out and couldn't eat hardly anything in the weeks leading up to surgery for fear of an attack is when I realized how much junk I have been putting into my body over the years. I always thought I ate pretty healthy....boy was I WRONG!!! I have really been trying to cut sugar and high fatty foods out of my diet. It is hard but I'm doing better at it.