Thursday, March 26, 2009

Super Star


Rayden is such a character! He is so dramatic and just loves putting silly hats or glasses on. These are some fun ones we picked up at a fast food restaurant. Of course he had to show them off to all his cousins that we were on the way to visit at the time. Most of them on daddy's side are girls and they just loved the pink glasses!

Lately Rayden has been so concerned that he is never going to turn 5! He just starts crying and says "Mom, I'm never going to be 5 and I'm never going to Disneyland." Since we are plannig a Disneyland trip just shortly after he turns 5, I keep telling him that at soon as he turns 5 we will go. Most of his friends at pre-school have already turned 5 and he is just so worried that he won't ever! To be a kid again and worry about turning 5 seems so wonderful to me! I just love my sweet little boys and the adventures we have together!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nina said...

That is so sad. I don't remember any anxiety about turning 5, but I do remember it about turning 16. I was young in my grade and I felt like nobody knew how I felt waiting until after the school year was over. I couldn't date or drive and I felt like everyone else could. Maybe when it gets closer to his birthday you could make one of those countdown chains. I always enjoyed doing those for things I was looking forward to.

Barbara said...

Oh that's a good idea - the count down chain. We did one at Christmas and he loved it! I'm glad you mentioned that it was hard waiting until the end of the school year to turn 16. I have been struggling with the decision of whether or not to put Rayden in kindergarten this year or to wait another year. If I put him in now he will be the youngest and in the same boat as you when he will turn 16. Yesterday I was about 95% sure I was going to wait but now I am 100% positive that it would be a good decision to wait a year. It might be a long year but it will be worth it! I'm also looking forward to spending more time with him. I just know once he starts going to grade school time will just fly!