Sunday, March 8, 2009

LIFE

Well, my sourdough bread didn't quite turnout. Probably because I never really tried. I ended up just making pancakes which were good but not the best I've had. I used all of my "start" and now am left with nothing! However, I talked to Randy's uncle who lives next door who has been doing sourdough for 20 years and he gave me some tips! He is also going to give me some of his "start" and I can get going again! Watch for more to come on my sourdough experiments!

We are all finally over our sicknesses!! It has been a rough week of runny & stuffy noses but I think we are all on the upswing! I was getting so excited for the spring and then it snowed! I couldn't believe it when I woke up and it looked like a winter wonderland outside. However, by the end of the day it was all melted and looking good again!

Rayden has been participating in Pee Wee Wrestling. He started out liking it, then had a rough practice and didn't like it so much. I took him to the match just to see if he would wrestle and he actually did! He wasn't quite sure what was going on but he didn't let the other kid pin him. He also didn't try very hard to pin the other kid. We have one week left of wrestling and there is a big tournament this Saturday. It should be lots of fun! I think next year he will have a little bit more fun.

We are also getting ready to garden!! Randy is so excited for spring. He and his mom are drawing out their map of the garden and planning where to plant everything. It is pretty intense! I love to eat the produce but I don't get near as excited as planting season as Randy does.

I have been getting all caught up on my scrapbook! I am almost to the point where I can start doing pages as I take the pictures. Now that I have two children it hard to decide which pictures to put in which book. When both boys are together whose book do I put it in? I guess I could put it in both but that just seems like a lot of doubling up! Speaking of pictures, I haven't posted many lately because I have been using my mother-in-law's computer for internet and all my pictures are on my computer. Maybe if I get a real blog worthy picture I'll take the extra time to post it.

2 comments:

Sarah Jimenez said...

Sounds like things are going good. I am also soooo ready for spring. The weather has been pretty nice in St. George. I have been trying like crazy to get caught up on scrapbooking before the baby comes, but I am still like 10 months behind- I think I take too many picture and end up wanting to scrap book all of them!

Me said...

I just wrote a comment and it disappeared so if you get two from me sorry!! I was just saying you're awesome for trying sourdough, I love sourdough bread and didn't know it was so hard to make! And I'm glad you're over sicknesses, we're done too, except for wiping noses once in a while. Whew!