Monday, March 2, 2009

Sourdough

Okay, so I've been wanting to try and do sourdough bread for a long time and have just never gotten around to it. Well my friend gave me a sourdough start and some recipes and I thought I would try it out. I had a lot of questions at first....actually I still do have a lot of questions, but I think I'm just going to experiment a little bit. I looked up some things online and every site I went had totally different recipes for bread and tips for how to feed the starters. I actually got more confused researching the Internet. So I just figured I would give it a try and pick the easiest recipe to start off with! Oh and by the way, for those of you who don't know, sourdough bread is a long process. I will be starting today and probably won't have a finished product until tomorrow. If it turns out bad, I guess I'll just try a different method. If anyone has experience with sourdough and would like to offer any suggestions.....BE MY GUEST!!!! Wish me luck and have to let you know how it goes.

No comments: