Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year....not quite sure if I'm happy about it

I know you all are just dying to know how my Christmas went, right??? It was great!!!!! We had a great time with family on both sides....no major arguments, no major tantrums from children, and Santa brought everyone what they really wanted most!!!! Well....I can still think of many things that Santa didn't bring me but they are just worldly possessions that I probably don't need anyway.

It has been nice the last week or so because Randy has had a break from school and I've gotten a break from the kids!!! He is so good to play with them and keep them busy so I can just get things done. Only one more week until he goes back to school :( However, at least he passed his classes last semester so he can go back!!!!! One semester down, 5 more to go!

So the new year is here and it has brought with it lots of good and bad things. I'm not so sure I'm happy about the new year because it just means that time is flying by, my kids are growing older and I am getting older! But, at least I still look like I could be in high school so guess I shouldn't complain.

I guess this is the time of year that most people are making resolutions. I have decided to NOT make any resolutions!!!! If I don't make them, there is no breaking them right??? However, I read a quote the other day on the top of the month of January on a free calendar I picked up and I think I will just make that quote my motto for the year:

"Let us live so that the spirit of our religion will live within us, then we have peace, joy, happiness and contentment, which makes such pleasant fathers, pleasant mothers, pleasant children, pleasant households, neighbors, communities and cities. That is worth living for, and I do think that the Latter-day Saints ought to strive for this"
Brigham Young

So, that is what I'm going to strive for this year! Focus on my religion and just try to always do good. I find that when I am a slacker on my religion....everything else in my life goes to pot!!! So much for making resolutions, it looks like I just made one. I guess I better stop typing now before I make any more!

On another note...we have possibly good news. We got an offer on our house!!! Yes, it is much lower than what we owe on our home. Yes, our home isn't even valued at what we owe. And sadly yes, our only hope to sell is if our bank allows us to do a short sale. I guess it is our only option left in this crappy economy. So I guess I am happy but still frustrated that we have to practically give away a perfectly wonderful home. What is sad is that we can't even get half the home where we live now for the price or our home in Missouri. I guess that's life. I just need to be grateful we have an offer. We still have a long road ahead dealing with the bank so all your prayers will be much appreciated!

I have also decided to take up another job on the side. Starting on Monday I will be teaching Yoga/Pilates and Bosu/weights at the new gym that opened in my town. I'm really excited because it forces me to stay in shape....something that I have been a slacker at since having children and it gets me out of the house at least once a day. Don't get me wrong, I love being a mother, but sometimes I just need an outlet!!! I'm really excited about this but also stressed at the same time. Sometimes I just enjoy doing exercises but the added stress of having to teach it is a little different. So, wish me luck!!! I will definitely need it this next week!!!!!

I hope you all have a great 2010!!!!!

3 comments:

Sarah Jimenez said...

Yeah for the offer on your home! I hope everything goes quickly! Short-sales are such a pain, but they are also a blessing- sure beats a foreclosure and it only takes 12-18 months to be able to buy again. Good luck with your new job. I agree; totally LOVE being able to stay home, but sometimes a little outlet is nice and needed. I am glad you had a Merry Christmas! I wish you guys the best that 2010 can bring!

Nina said...

I was just thinking about your house and wondering what was going on with that. That is so exciting that you got an offer on it! I hope everything with the bank works out. And good luck with the gum thing. I am sure you will be the cutest little instructor that will keep everyone motivated.

Nina said...

How did it go today? My day was much better than expected but I thought about you doing your new job. I hope it went well :)