Thursday, October 2, 2008

Recovery

Surgery is finally over and I'm onto recovery! I have never had the worst two days of my life! I had my gallbladder taken out on Monday and then I was sent up to Provo on Tuesday morning to have another procedure to get a couple stones out that had passed into my bile duct. I had to have a tube shoved down my throat and through my stomach. It took me all day Tuesday to wake up from being put out. Now my throat is sore and my abdomen is so tender. It has been tough to get back to life but I guess it could be worse. Ryker is having a tough time adjusting to nursing after finally getting used to the bottle. He is so lazy from the bottle that he won't suck. I guess he'll just have to starve until he can get the hang of it again because there is no way I'm doing the formula thing. It is just too time consuming. Although it was kind of nice handing him off to dad to feed! Anyway, thanks all you out there who have helped me out this week. I couldn't have survived without my mother-in-law and my husband who have been so wonderful to watch my kids and wait on me hand and foot. It is nice to feel loved and to know that others are thinking of me.

3 comments:

Sarah Jimenez said...

Barbara- I am glad that you are on the mend. Hopefully all your problems are cured now =) Isn't is nice to have so much help on hand? I hope you recover quickly.

Nina said...

That sounds so awful! I don't think I have a very high tolerance for pain or discomfort. At least it sounds like you had lots of help. Anyway, I hope your recovery is a quick one, and Ryker gets the hang of things soon. -LYLAS

James and Jamie Miller said...

Wow Barbara... I hope you feel well soon! Sounds like you have been through quite a bit. Take it easy!