Monday, July 25, 2011

May the Force be with you....

Happy 7th birthday Rayden!!! He wanted a Star Wars party this year. Since I'm 8 months preggo and didn't have the energy to do a big party with games and pinata, we had a swimming party at the hotel pool. The only decorating I had to worry about was decorating the cake! He requested a Yoda cake. This was my attempt at a Yoda cupcake cake. Cupcake cakes are my new favorite thing! I think it turned out pretty cool and he absolutely loved it!

The cousins and friends had a great time swimming! We practically had the pool to ourselves and they loved it. When we first got to the pool there were a few other groups swimming. After about 30 min. most of them had all cleared out and we had the place to ourselves!

Ryker and Daddy! We cut Ryker's hair the other day and he looks even more like his Daddy!


Geronimo!!!! Rayden sure is getting to be quite the little fish! He is swimming so good. I keep thinking I'm a horrible mom because I'm too cheap for swimming lessons. Every time we go with daddy on work conferences we always try to work with him on his swimming at the hotel pool. It's been paying off because he has been swimming pretty good!


Rayden was glad he got to spend his special day with a lot of his cousins on the Riddle side. They spend the whole week playing and swimming together!


I thought I better get at least one shot in my maternity swim suit before I have this little baby. I've sure spent enough time in it this summer to get my money's worth and I'm sure there will be a few more swimming trips before I deliver. As much as I hope this baby is going to come early, I seriously doubt it will. My body likes to tease me the last month of pregnancy. At 36 weeks I was dilated to a 2 and having quite a few contractions. I seriously thought I would go into labor! Now, at 37 weeks I am not quite to a 3 and 80% thinned out. Still having some contractions here and there but nothing to indicate that this baby is coming. 3 more long weeks to go!

After swimming we headed into the conference room and had cake and ice cream! Easiest birthday part ever!!! The kids had a blast and I didn't have to do much entertaining!

Make a wish! I think it's funny that in all our pictures over the last few years of kids blowing out candles they all have their hands over their mouths (so they don't blow out the candles while singing). Next birthday I'll have to remember to take a picture before they all cover their mouths.



Present Time!

The boys enjoying some Yoda cupcakes.

Last weekend we spent a whole day at Seven Peaks with our Hunt cousins from Spanish Fork. The boys had a blast and let's just say by the end of the day I was completely exhausted from going around the lazy river and walking back and forth across the park, up stairs and around towels. I have only been one time before when Ryker was about 1 yr. old and I spent the whole time in the kiddie pool. This time, I was 8 months preggo and couldn't ride any water slides. Maybe next year. Anyway, we got fried by the sun and woke up the next morning only to head to Willard Bay and spend another day in the sun!

Here are all the boys on the tube. I didn't think Ryker would like it but Randy insisted on taking him. He lasted all of half a second when the boat started moving and he started screaming and crying. He doesn't like to get splashed in the face. So we had to stop and get him off. Rayden and Randy sure had fun though.

Ryker may not like the tube so much, but he sure loved riding in the boat!!!! He just laughed and smiled the whole time the boat was moving. It was such a windy and busy day that the water was sooooo choppy. When the boat stopped it would just rock back and forth so much! I kept thinking that if the events the day before at Seven Peaks didn't put me into labor that for sure this boat ride would! But alas, it didn't :(.

Mom BTW at the Captains chair!

This is about as far as Ryker would go into the water. For someone who loves to take baths all day long, he sure is timid when it comes to going swimming at the pool or lake.

Randy was in Heaven picking cherries from my parents tree. The boys just love helping daddy do just about anything. I wish they would help mommy as much as they help daddy! Too bad housework isn't as much fun as climbing ladders and trees!


If you look closely you can see the cherry juice all over his mouth! I think he ate more than he picked!

1 comment:

N said...

I'm so impressed with your cake decorating skills! I can hardly believe those are cup cakes. When I first read that, I thought your pictures were out of order but then realized how creatively you put them all together. Can you teach me how to do that when my little girl has a birthday party???