Thursday, July 7, 2011

Happy fourth!

Blogger keeps putting my pictures out of order. Anyway, we had a great 4th of July!!!! We started off by sleeping on the tramp the night before! Yes that's right, little ole 8 months pregnant me slept on the trampoline!!! It was actually pretty comfortable. Randy headed back in the house around 2 am. Ryker woke up crying around 3:30 am so I took him in and got in my bed. When we woke up, Rayden was the only one still outside! What a trooper.

Randy decided to run the 5k with his sister and brother-in-law. He did pretty good for not really training. I think he ran about an 8 1/2 min. mile. After the run we headed to the parade! We sat in our usual spot with the family! After the parade everyone heads to the park for all the food, games, and entertainment! We didn't stay long because the boys were already exhausted and whining. We had planned to take them swimming at the pool but when we finally went after they had naps, the pool was full to capacity and they weren't letting anyone else in. So, we went to our neighbors we used to live by and swam in their free standing pool for a little bit.

Later on we had a BBQ with our great friends and headed off the the fireworks!!! I love fireworks!!!!

Waiting for the candy!!!!

Ryker pretty much spent the entire parade eating the candy as it got thrown at him! He was in heaven!

Here's our little crowd at the parade! Luckily the sun wasn't beating down hot, but it sure was muggy and humid. I felt like I was in Missouri again!


The boys loved the bouncy slides at the park after the children's parade!!!! Luckily we had them play on Saturday night, instead of on the actual 4th. It was a lot less crowded and cooler weather!!! They practically had the place to themselves!!!!!

Ryker was a little scared at first....but it didn't take long to fall in love!




Every 4th of July, (it's usually the night or two before the big town celebrations) we go to the Children's parade. All the children decorate their bikes and ride down main street and end at the park for popsicles and festivities at the park! Here are the boys with their bikes!


Our new ward that we just moved into does face painting before the parade for the kids. There were so many creative and fun faces!



Ryker celebrated his 3rd b-day this year!!!! He has been watching a lot of trucks videos on You Tube lately and one of his most favorite one to watch is a demonstration of this lady making a firetruck birthday cake. For months he kept telling me that he wanted that cake for his birthday, so I had no choice. He absolutely loved it!!! Grandma and Grandpa ended up coming over to our house on the day of his birthday to bring him his present....a jungle gym! It was actually a very old and rusted one sitting in their backyard that Randy used to play on as a kid. They cleaned it up really good and gave it a good spray paint and hauled it over! The boys absolutely love it!!!! Then we were lucky enough to have some cousins visiting over the weekend for Father's Day so we had a big birthday celebration with the cousins.

Oh I almost forgot.....on Ryker's birthday, Randy got a call from the local radio station saying that Ryker had won a free birthday cake! I guess they announce all the birthdays for the day and draw one person to get a free cake. Ryker won the cake!!! I don't even know how the radio station had all our information or knew it was his birthday because we never sent it to them! Kind of funny.

He was so proud of his Firetruck cake!!!

Here is an updated picture of the garden at grandma's house. We have had tons of food from it already! Cabbage, onions, peas, broccoli, lettuce, radishes. Yummy!!!

I guess it has been a while since Randy rode 100 miles in the Tour de cure in Brigham City. He headed up there with some of his besties from Richfield and they all rode. I stayed at my mom's and ended up going boating with the family. Since Randy had my camera I don't have any pictures of me and my belly in my oh so cute maternity swimsuit! LOL!!! Anyway, he survived the ride without too much trouble! He said he kind of had an off day and wasn't at his best and actually he told me he was way more interested in looking at all the vegetable gardens along the way. What a weird guy! I have never seen someone more addicted to gardening in my life!


What a hottie husband I have!!!!

1 comment:

Nina said...

So nice to have an update. Your boys are getting so big! ..and you look so cute prego! I'm glad you had a good 4th!