Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Is it spring yet?

I'm really LOVING this warmer weather we've been having lately and I'm really trying hard to ignore the storm that's rolling in as I type this. I have to say that the sun and semi warmth has really healed my cold and tired body!!! I just feel like a new person!!!! Even though I had a really lazy day yesterday and didn't do a single thing, I have really gotten so many things done lately!

For instance, I finally cleaned most of the junk out of all the corners of my bedroom that have just been piling up since we moved. I organized the boys bedrooms and boxed up some of the toys that they have grown out of. Now I can finally fit most of the toys in the closets and there is much less to clean up after a hoard of kids come over to play (actually I'm just hoping that is the case, since we haven't really had a hoard of kids over since I cleaned).

Next on my list of things to do later today, or probably tomorrow: organize the hall closet where all the winter snow gear just gets thrown and anything else I'm too lazy to put away, and organize my bathroom closet. The kids like to hide in the closets when we play hide'n'seek and all the stuff just gets pulled off the shelves and then shoved back on again. It really won't take much time to re-fold towels and blankets but it's something that i never think to do and really drives me CRAZY!!!!

Ultimately, my goal is re-organize the basement and storage room but I don't think I will be attacking that project until it is a lot warmer!!! The basement is just a little too cold for me right now. I did actually make a dent in it the other day while I was boxing up toys, but there is still so much to do!

When we moved into our new home last summer, I was having too much fun playing out in the sun that I never really organized my home the way I wanted it. I just kind of put things away just to get them out of boxes. I promised myself that I would get it all together in the winter when it was too cold to go outside. So, I guess I had better keep working on getting it together because as soon as the weather warms up I'm going to be outside in the sun! Okay, I'm getting a little too excited about warmth, and the wind blowing against the house right now is pulling me back to reality.

So, this afternoon we are headed off to sign up Rayden for wrestling. It starts next week and goes for about three weeks. I really wish Richfield would have a little bit bigger wrestling season but oh well. I just don't feel like traveling to North Sevier, where wrestling is a lot bigger, just for practice. Maybe when he gets older if he's still interested then we will cross that bridge. We also have baseball sign-ups which I am totally excited for, but Rayden says he doesn't want to play because it is too hard to play on the Wii!!! I think I'm just going to make him at least try it this year and if he doesn't like it then we'll find something else. He's not really the sporty type. I think he would rather just be inside playing lego's all day. But oh well, the kid has got to get some exercise right?

Anyway, I better get back to my organizing before I burn out. I hate leaving projects half finished! Here' s to a new me and an organized home!

1 comment:

Nina said...

I'm sooo ready for spring too. Last week our staff meeting was short so we all went out and walked around the block ...with out a single jacket. It felt sooo good. Then this week we are back to shoveling snow. :(