Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Brrrrrrr....

I have to say, I was really starting to get out of my winter blues feelings the other day!!! Towards the end of last week the weather was a little warmer, the sun was shining, the snow had finally almost all melted, and I didn't feel like I had to walk around all day with a million layers!!!!! I even went to the grocery store at 8 o'clock in the morning with only a sweatshirt! That is a record for me. Usually when I go out I have to have a long sleeve shirt, a sweatshirt and a coat. So things were really looking up last week and I was even starting to think of some projects that I could work on to get me out of my winter blues. Let me just say, when I really put my mind to it I came up with quite a few projects that need to be done that don't cost a single penny! I was pretty proud of my thinking abilities!

But then this awful thing happen: IT SNOWED!!!!!! Okay, so I know I need to be grateful for the snow because it brings water and moisture to our desert, but let's just face it, I am not a person who likes to be cold one bit!!!! So while I'm grateful for the snow, I am unhappy for the coldness that comes along with it!!! All of my hopes of getting many projects done have diminished!!! I have thoughts and dreams of spending every waking moment at the beach or on some tropical island! I am even going so far as to planning a cruise I want to take (but probably won't because of $$) the second my husband graduates from Grad School!!! Just thinking about it and planning it helps me feel a little warmer!

So, I'm back on the couch with a million blankets just waiting for this weather to warm up! I did happen to get one project done, which was really needed and fairly effort less! Now I don't feel like a total couch potato! I also have managed to always make sure there is plenty of food in the fridge, dinner done and on the table when the hubby gets home from work, and I have pretty much kept the dishes under control! Oh, and I FINALLY cleaned those darn bathrooms!!!!!!!

Now, if only I could magically come up with a way to get my children to just get a long I think I will officially be over these winter blues! I didn't realize how nice it was in the summer to just send them outside to run around and play! Being cooped up in the house they find more things to fight about!!! Right now as we speak, I have to lock myself in my room just to get a few moments of quiet!!! They are now running out front in the freezing cold and ringing the door bell constantly! I guess it's time to put them to bed for the night! Wish me luck!!!!

No comments: