Monday, February 1, 2010

It's about time

I know I have been really slacking in posting some pictures on here. To be honest, I haven't really taken very many lately. Here are a few odds 'n ends of what we have been doing, including some Christmas pictures that I never posted. Enjoy!

Rayden has wanted this race track for months and Santa finally brought it to him! He loves playing with it. I was a little sad because I thought it was broken after only a few times of playing with it. I thought maybe it needed new batteries but after replacing them I still couldn't get the motor to turn on. I even called "Santa's workshop" (Matel) to see if I could get a replacement. The day I was to ship it back to the "workshop" I tried one last time to see if I could get it to work. I put the batteries in and still wasn't having luck. I left the switch to on and turned away from it to help Ryker with something. Rayden was just messing around with it and stuck his finger in a little hole and magically it turned on! Then, when he took his finger out, it turned off. Then I realized that I forgot to put the long poles on the sides to help hold it up and that is a step that specifically says not to skip in the instructions or the motor won't turn on. "Duh mom", Rayden said!!!!! Luckily I found out my mistake before I sent it back!

Here is our cute little family before the kids tore into the presents! Ryker doesn't look too thrilled but he loved playing with all the loot Santa brought him! His favorite thing from Christmas has been a little lego dump truck and his ball popper!

We have also gotten quite a bit of snow this winter!!! The kids like to go outside and help Grandma push the snow off the driveway!

Ryker didn't like to be out in the snow very much but he looked so cute in his snow pants and coat! I couldn't keep his gloves on and his hands were freezing!

We went Christmas caroling on a horse drawn wagon for our family Christmas party. We love going caroling and this year wasn't quite as cold as last year, maybe because I dressed warmer! Ryker managed to fall asleep just before the wagon pulled off and he stayed asleep the entire time! Must be a Riddle!

We even went sledding a few times so far this winter. The first time wasn't so fun because the snow hill was packed so hard from people sledding that it was hard, bumpy and a little rocky, ouch! Randy I both let Rayden talk us into going all the way to the top of a very long, steep hill! It took me a few weeks for my bottom to recover from that one!

Ryker LOVES hot chocolate! I can't keep him away from it! I love the mess it leaves all over his face!

Ryker didn't like going down on the tube. I think he was a little scared. Maybe next year bud!

2 comments:

Emilee said...

Barbara, I found your blog on Nina's. I didn't know that you had a blog, your boys are darling. They look about the same ages as my boys. We should be blogging buddies. E-mail me at emileeandrichard@gmail.com and I'd love to invite you to see my blog.

Nina said...

You are so stinkin' skinny! I am a little jealous... but I guess I don't teach classes at a gym. Anyway all the pictures are super cute!