Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Birthday Boy!

Can you believe this little guy is 1 year old already!!! I can! It has been a long year and he has been such a trial for me. I heard or read something the other day about mother's and how they bond with children and I think I can totally relate. Some mother's can bond immediately with their child but other's it often takes time to bond with them. Sometimes this can be frustrating because it is hard to really love and care for your child when you haven't bonded. Well, I immediately bonded with my first child and everything felt natural. With Ryker, I felt awkward as his mother for the longest time and I felt so much stress everytime I tried to comfort him and couldn't. Eventhough he has been so clingy and needy ever since the day he was born, I have had the hardest time bonding with him. It wasn't until just a few months ago that I finally felt that natural motherly instinct with him. I finally know how to comfort him and I finally feel like I have bonded with him! He is such a sweet little angel and I am so blessed to have him! He brings so much joy to our family! Happy Birthday little Ryke's Bikes!!!!

I slaved for two days to make this lego cake and I think it turned out so cute! It was actually really fun to make and I think I will have more fun in the future expirimenting with marshmallow fondant!!

Ryker got his very own lego cake to eat! He actually didn't get too messy and he ended up eating about 1/4 of it! He's my good little eater and will just keep packing the food in as long as it keeps coming! When we go to summer lunch at the park (free lunch at the park for kids every day) he sometimes eats more than his brother Rayden! I can't believe he stays so little!!

We love you Ryker!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Nina said...

Your cake is sooooo cute! I can't believe so many things have happened in the past year. You have had so many trials and changes with bell's palsy, gallstones, and moving. I am so sorry that it took so long to bond with you little one. It is funny how with some kids it is just there and other you have to really work at it, and then all of a sudden it is there. I feel like sometimes I end up feeling a stronger attachment to those That didn't come as easily. I hope this next year has less trials for you.

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

Wow, Barbara....your cake skills rock! I bet it took forever, but so worth it. Hope things are going well for you in Utah. I love still being able to have little glimpses into your life.

bundy family said...

i cant believe he is a year old! and that is an awesome cake. I totally want to learn how to make fun cakes like that.

Sarah Jimenez said...

You are so talented Barbara! That is the coolest cake! Teach me!!! haha...somethings just can't be done =( Ryker is so cute. I can't believe he is a year already.