Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Here we go again...

I forgot to mention a few weeks back that Randy got accepted to his Master's Program! He starts this fall and it's about a 2 1/2 year program. After these last six weeks of his online class, I'm not sure I really want to do the school thing again! As part of his prerequisites for his Master's Program he needed one class that he didn't have. So, he's been trying to knock it out real quick with an eight week online course. If there is one thing Randy is not good at, and this may the one thing because I swear he is practically perfect (compared to me), it is teaching himself in an online course. I guess he just loves tradition school and listening to the teacher. He is doing a pretty good job considering it's summer, but he would just rather be outside in the garden instead of reading a text book!! Anyway, he's on the home stretch with his online class and then we have a nice break of about 1 1/2 months before it's back to school! I guess I'd rather he get it done now while we only have 2 young kids. I'd hate for him to decide to go back to school later down the road when we have like 10 kids. Just Kidding!!! If I ever that many kids I think I would need to be on medication, that is if my body was still holding itself together! Anyway, stay tuned for more pictures from our awesome SUMMER!!!! Did I forget to mention how much I LOVE summer in Utah. I'll have to do a post on that later.....Rayden is bugging me to tell him about all the rides at Disneyland. Yes, we are planning a Disneyland trip in about 1 month and Rayden just thinks that it will NEVER come! I try to get him to stop crying by describing all the rides. Too bad it's been a million years since I went and can't even remember half of them. I've already described all the ones I can think of and he keeps asking for more! Oh, what did I get myself into? Maybe you all could comment about your favorite ride to help jog my memory!

4 comments:

Nina said...

That is exciting to hear Randy got into the masters program. I guess I should be thankful that Eric is going to school before we have children.
I am not sure that my favorite ride will help, because it is the tower of terror. The building looks like a hotel and all the employees act a little mysterious. you go into a room and they play a movie about a family that got into an elevator and disappeared. Then they send you to the elevator (conveniently with seats and seatbelts). The elevator goes to another floor and the doors open. After they tell the story again, it shoots you up to the top and back down again. It's so fun. I can't help but giggle while it is going.

The finding Nemo ride is one that is good for kids. It used to just be the submarine ride, but they added Nemo to it a several years back. you go into a submarine and look out the windows and you can see Nemo on an adventure. Savanna was so cute on this ride! Apparently the first time she went on it and Nemo was in trouble, she courageously shouted out, "I'm coming Nemo!"

Wow!! That was a LONG comment!

bundy family said...

Who is he doing the masters program through? Jake just decided he wants to do med school...do you know how flipping long that takes?? We have THREE kids!!!
Disneyland is a must this summer!
And...have you guys sold your house yet?? Who do you have it listed with? We need to get our farm sold ASAP and I swear the realtors out there don't work.

Sarah Jimenez said...

Congrats to Randy! The 2.5 years will go by really quickly. We are probably going to do Disneyland in Sept, when we won't have to battle the crowds so much. How fun that Rayden is sooo excited! hopefully we can see you guys sometime this summer.

Ashley DeMille said...

I love the birthday cake you made! How cute. I might have to copy that sometime. You'll have to give me the reciepe for the fondant.
This year was my first year to go to Disney land and my fav. was splash MT. Hopefully he is tall enough for those fun rides. I love the part when we go down the hill and get splashed with lots of water. What a fun age to go! He will have so much fun!