Friday, May 2, 2008

Busy Week!

Well, I don't have any new pictures to post but it has been a very busy week for us! I have been training people at work like crazy because, sadly but true, I only have three more days of work. I have been working for the past four years and I just don't know what I will do with myself not working.

Last night we had a little excitement going on here. We had tornado warnings and severe weather warnings. Randy was really on top of things and found some neighbors we could go to for shelter but I was kind of tired and not in the mood to go anywhere. After packing up our car with sleeping bags and running around in the rain and hail, we found out that the storm changed directions and was going around us. That was a big relief! A pregnant woman has a hard enough time sleeping in a bed, let alone a sleeping bag in someone else's basement!

On another note, Randy is really getting close to being done with school. I hate how they drag it out so long. Anyway, he has one final left to do on Monday and a small paper and a luncheon with his "healthy buddy" (a fourth grader that he spent once a week reading books to playing games with) on Tuesday. Graduation for both of us will be next Saturday!!! Too bad they are in two different places halfway across the country from each other. I will be flying to Virginia next Friday for my graduation and Randy will meet me out there the following Monday so we can have a little vacation before the baby comes!

I went to the Doc. today and everything seems to be going well! However, I lost a pound since my last visit so I have doctors orders to eat extra ice cream this weekend!! I can assure you, I will be following those orders! Randy and I are getting our pictures taken tomorrow with our cap and gowns. It just so happens that there is a big parade going on in town and since we will be there getting pictures we will get to go! This isn't one of those small town tractor parades but they actually have real floats and candy! Hopefully the weather is nice!

I guess that is it for now. My friend is bringing over her little boys to play with Rayden because she is going out with her husband. How nice would that be, a date with your husband. I don't remember the last time I went on a date with Randy. Anyway, It will be interesting with all those boys here!

1 comment:

Haiku Amy said...

Sounds like you're having a lot of fun. I want to go on a little vacation, but I don't know how that is going to work out. Your graduation is just around the corner! Congrats!!