Monday, April 16, 2012

I Love my Job!

Wow things have been crazy lately! But a good kind of crazy :). We are on the home stretch people!!! Randy has 7 hrs. left to do on his internship and 1 test to take in two weeks and then we are FINISHED with graduate school!!!!! Time to PARTY!!!! I honestly thought this point in our lives would never come. It has been such a long road for both of us, and he has worked so incredibly hard. He has sacrificed and given up so many things over the past 8 or 9 years (you'd think he'd be a doctor by now, sheesh!) and I am just so grateful for all he has done for our little family!!! I couldn't as for a better guy! I keep asking myself what we're going to do now that he's done with school and I think the time will just get filled up so quickly with gardening, sports and activities with the kids, and family outings, that it won't even seem like anything will have changed. But oh, I just can't wait! Two Weeks!
Okay, I got that off my chest now I can brag about my three amazing children and how much I LOVE being their mom! It really is the best job in the entire world! While I loved working outside the home, working in the home is so much more rewarding! I'll be honest, there are many days when it doesn't seem that rewarding. The countless loads of laundry and sinks full of dishes day in and day out. The dirty diapers, vacuuming, sweeping, cleaning bathrooms, picking up toys again and again and again. The fighting and tattling and crying that goes on is sometimes just relentless! Not to mention the late nights and early mornings and interrupted sleep! It's very exhausting! But, I wouldn't trade it for any other job out there, no matter how high the pay, not in a million years!
I just love those three smiling faces I get to see each and everyday! The countless kisses and hugs I get plastered with all day long. The laughter and screams of joy I hear in the background while I'm doing each sink full of dishes. The little helpers who think it's so fun to scrub the toilet and the tub with mom! The amazing lego creations I find all over the house remind me of how creative those little minds can be! The fun trips to the park on warm afternoons, the play dates with friends and neighbors, the interaction with my son's classmates when I go each week to help. Each and every activity I do with my kids is such a blessing! These are the days I want to remember and treasure always! These are days when I wish I could freeze time and make them last as long as possible! Really, who couldn't love these sweet little faces?

Another thing I love about my job is being home all day to work on projects. I've been having so much fun sewing for this little sweet girl of mine! This was the first project I attempted. The dress turned out a little too wide and the shoes a little too big, but I didn't want to unpick so I'm just going to have to make do with it. She'll grow into it, right?

This little outfit was project #3. I had so much fun with this project. The dress came together really quickly and the shoes were just so cute. Then I threw together a matching bow and now I just love it!



This was project #2. It is actually a re-purposed t-shirt of mine. It was supposed to be a dress but it ended up being a little too short, so it's a cute little top!


She loves sticking out her tongue!

This kid just melts my heart! He is such a little ball of energy!

She loves to climb and crawl and get into everything!

Another tongue shot!


This girl is definitely a Riddle! She loves to eat! I was a little worried at first because she did not like when I started trying to introduce food. I even waited a little bit longer with her than I did with my boys and she still wasn't too sure about food. It took a good month for her to really start to like solids and eat good. Now, I can't get her to stop eating! I make most of my own baby food and she just loves it! She also really likes to eat what the rest of us are eating. Her absolute favorite is Swedish pancakes! Big surprise - all my kids prefer Swedish pancakes over any other breakfast food out there!
He's such a great helper! He loves playing with sister! He loves it so much that he is constantly going into her room and waking her up from nap to play with her!

So, our Elementary school has an amazing program for students/teachers that teaches them about our country and how to be better citizens. It is called Liberty Kids. This amazing woman in our community, Molly Foster, came up with the program last year and it has been a huge hit! Rayden had fun doing service, memorizing quotes and songs, and learning fun facts about America. He earned his Kindergarten badge last year and his 1st grade badge this year. One special thing that happened this year is that his dad was presented with an Honorary Liberty Kid badge for providing service and being involved with the kids and the community. That's Randy for ya, he's always looking to serve!

What a happy little boy!

This kid is soooo loving the warm weather and playing outside. He is always right by daddy's side helping him garden!

And here is the master gardener! This is him planting the garden at his mom's house. Hopefully her garden turns out better than ours has so far. We've had a little bit of bad luck and may have to re-plant quite a few things.
This is the garden at our house. In the very back of the picture you can see our garlic is doing really well, but that is about it. We planted that last fall and it is just doing great. Our asparagus is doing pretty good too, but our cabbage, broccoli and onions aren't faring so well. We have a bit of a bug problem that needs to be taken care of ASAP!

And one more shot of my little truck guy. Oh he was in heaven this day playing with his truck in the dirt! Oh what cute kids I have!

2 comments:

N said...

You're amazing! You are such a cute mom. The little dresses are so cute with matching shoes and bows. I can't believe how big she is getting. I think we are way over due for a play date. We need to get these girls together.

Emilee said...

Those cute little dresses are adorable with the shoes. I haven't seen your blog in a long time, so your kids look so grown up. You are such a talented mom!