Monday, March 28, 2011

Baby!!!





I had my ultrasound on Friday and I was so amazed at how with each baby I have the technology just gets better and better. With my first baby, we didn't find out what we were having and the ultrasound was just really quick and I only got one or two pictures that were similar to the first picture I just posted (just the head and top of body shot). At that time, which was about 6 or 7 yrs. ago, you had to pay a ton extra just to get it recorded on a VHS.

When I had my second baby, we decided to find out what we were having and got a ton of pictures of the baby, but they were pretty blurry and it was a little hard to figure out what I was looking at. It still cost a fortune to have it recorded so I never bothered with either child.

Well, with this baby, I was totally amazed at how clear the ultrasound was! On the screen I could see every little detail so well! The baby was moving around so much and I just loved it! I also thought it was so cool that all I had to do was take an empty DVD and they just popped it into a machine and recorded the whole thing for free! However, I didn't get a ton of pictures this time like I did with my second but that is probably because I didn't want to find out what I was having.

So, what is it with everyone getting mad at me and complaining that I need to find out so I can be prepared? It's not like it's their baby, it's mine and it's my decision! It's really getting old. All I have to say to all you people is....TOO BAD!!! I have the essentials I need to take care of a newborn and all it takes is one trip to the store to buy some girl clothes if it happens to be a girl. So, please respect my decision and let me enjoy my surprise!!!

We took the boys with us so they could see the baby and they are both really excited!! It was fun to have them there so they could see the baby moving and hear the heart beat. Both of them keep saying they want a baby sister but I still want to have another baby boy! The baby is measuring a day early (no surprise there, I always have big babies) but they didn't officially change my due date. Still set for Aug. 14th! I don't think I'll make it all the way through the summer without going crazy so wish me luck!

4 comments:

James and Jamie Miller said...

Yay! Congrats! I cant believe how clear those pictures are! We had an ultrasound at 18 weeks and i thought those were clear! So happy for you!

Nina said...

Your pictures turned out sooooo good. My baby is a little contortionist and it makes it hard to see because there isn't much contrast. I really hope this next ultrasound I get a better view.. including what the gender is!

I hope I haven't said anything to make you feel I am frustrated you are not finding out. I do forget sometimes, but it doesn't bother me at all.

I'm not looking forward to a hot summer being prego either! Maybe I'll have to take up swimming to cool down.

Garcizzals said...

WHAT a cute little baby Snake!!!! I support your desc. I think it is cool. If I were to do it again I would not find out either. LOL!!! I have a feeling it is a boy, just because that is all I think you and me have are boys!!! LOL and I am rooting for Race Riddle. :)

Barbara said...

I think it must be a boy too!!! I gotta get some more use out of my boy stuff!!!