Monday, January 14, 2008

Happy New Year!

I have been getting complaints that I haven't updated my blog for awhile so here is the most recent update on the Riddle family. Unfortunately I don't have any recent pictures to post because I have been slacking in that department. I don't think I even have a picture from Christmas this year. I was feeling really sick on Christmas and barely had enough energy to open presents. Other than being sick it was a really nice to have a day off to just relax with Randy and Rayden.

I am excited to say that I have finally finished my Bachelor Degree in Business and I am now able to spend my afternoons organizing the house, playing with Rayden and all sorts of other projects that I haven't ever had time for. Randy just started his last semester today so we are definitely on the home stretch as far as Undergraduate school goes. I am praying that everything goes well and he can apply for Graduate school at the U of U! As much as I love Missouri (ha ha) I am really looking forward to possibly moving back to Utah to be closer to family.

Well, I'm finally past my first trimester and I'm feeling a lot better! I still have to throw-up first thing in the morning but I feel pretty good the rest of the day. We get to have an ultrasound in a couple weeks but we aren't going to find out what we are having. It will still be fun to actually see the baby. Rayden is getting excited to be a big brother but I'm not exactly sure if he really understands what that means. Rayden has been going to Preschool for about four months now and he loves it so much. He is finally getting into the routine of things at school and he is getting a lot better with his counting.

Since it is the new year I have been trying to think of a few things that I would like to work on this year. Now that I am done with school I have a little bit more time to clean the house so I'm trying to spend just a short time each day to try and declutter all of my junk. I read an article in the LDS Living magazine about letting go, not just of tangible clutter but also emotional or mental clutter. So my motto this year is to "Let Go!" I'm also trying to still focus on being more patient. This has been an on-going trial for me so hopefully one of these days I can, as Randy would say, "Relax" and not be so impatient. My favorite quote by Elder Robert C. Oaks given in the October 2006 General Conference is "We can grow in faith only if we are willing to wait patiently for God's purposes and patterns to unfold in our lives, on His timetable." I loved this quote and the whole talk and I refer back to it quite frequently. It helps me to remember that Heavenly Father has a plan for me and I need to have faith and be patient each step of the way instead of trying to force my own plan of what I think my life should be. Hopefully I haven't bitten off more than I can chew for goals this year. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Sarah Jimenez said...

Barbara! Welcome back to the blogging world! I am glad you had a good holiday season but I am sorry that you weren't feeling the best. I hope all is well for you past the first trimester. I hope you guys can make it back to Utah and then we'll be able to see you more. Congrats on graduating! You've worked really hard. Give Rayden a hug for us!