Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tired


I'm TIRED!!!!! So tired that I finally gave in today and just let Ryker wear a pull-up all afternoon! Despite that, I still managed to have multiple accidents to clean up!!!! How is that possible you ask? Well, the potty training thing has been so crazy at our house lately! Let me just vent to you all for a few minutes..... I've known from the start that Ryker will test my patience in every way possible. I've said before that it took incredible amounts of patience to even get pregnant with the little guy. In fact, almost three years ago today I found out I was pregnant with him and I was just so shocked and excited all at the same time! However, let's just say the whole pregnancy was miserable, and after the first night in the hospital after he was born, without any sleep, I knew I was in for it with this guy! Every step of the way has been such a trial!!!!

Nursing him was soooo difficult, he would fall asleep every time I would try to feed him or he would bite me, or just not suck at all! His acid reflux was just horrible and I had to give him the nastiest medicine the whole world multiple times a day! The little guy probably thought I was the meanest person on the face of the earth. Becuase of his reflux, he would only sleep if I held him in a certain position and the minute I put him down in bed he would wake up! It was a good day if he took a nap for longer than 30 minutes! Then, when it came to baby food, the kid wouldn't touch the stuff! I had to puree my own baby food and even then he was so picky!

When it came time to crawl I was so excited because I thought that maybe I could finally get something accomplished during the day without him constantly by my side or in my arms! Not a chance!!!!! He wouldn't crawl anywhere unless I was in his sight!

Then he learned to walk!!!!! Unfortunately he learned so well and decided to branch out so much that he constantly was running outside into the road or down the street and all over! There is no middle ground with him, he is only into EXTREMES!!!! He must be his dad's boy.

So, a few months ago he decided that he no longer wanted to wear his diaper anymore and would just take it off all day long. I finally gave in and said no more diapers, except at night of course because let's face it, I don't want to wash and and make his bed every single day! We were off to a great start. The first couple weeks went so well that I thought we were officially POTTY TRAINED!!!! Of course we had accidents here and there but they were pretty rare. Then, he decided that he no longer wanted to poop on the potty. So we struggled for a week trying to get that down and things were flowing pretty good. Then, we had to go camping. Something happened that weekend that totally destroyed all our hard work!!!! I think he just got the idea in his head that since we were outside all day long that he could just drop his pants anywhere and just go!!!!

It's been a month now since we went camping and I really thought we were making some great progress. The last few days have been so great with hardly any accidents. Hurray!!!! And then today happened. I have been super busy with trying to do all the canning and cleaning and laundry and homework and church callings and playgroup and the list goes on and on and on! We had a little accident while I was working out with some ladies this morning. Nothing too bad, it only took a few minutes to clean up and I thought we would be good for the rest of the day. Let's just say the rest of the day turned into accident after accident after accident. I think I am ready to just give up with the whole thing and just put diapers back on the kid! But actually, I know that isn't an option because he will just take it off and go anywhere he feels like it!!!! So what do I do with this little child of mine?????? I'm in a no win situation here!!!! It's a good thing he is so stinking cute! He truly does make me laugh all day with the silly little things he does! I can't imagine life without him (well actually, I can. It would involve a lot less cleaning up of his messes)!

So here's to the next few weeks! May we have fewer accidents, a lot less laundry to do, and many more trips to the bathroom!!!!! Wish me LUCK!!!!!!

4 comments:

Ashley DeMille said...

OH I feel so bad for you! I thought I had the potty training thing down to, but I don't. I think it's the 2nd child thing to do. They just want to be independent but they don't know how to go about doing it! So they just make life crazy for us moms! You gotta love them!

Amy said...

Hi, you don't even know me but I'm Nina and Brooke's sister-in-law and when I saw the cute toilet picture on the side of Nina's blog it sparked my curiosity and I wanted to see what it was about. I had just had an hour long argument with my 5 going on 19 year old and was feeling like a pretty lousy mom. Your post made me laugh and it reminded me that feeling frustrated is one of the most common emotions of being a mom! :) I don't know why it still continues to surprise me. Thank you for sharing your funny and frustrating thoughts. He sure looks like a darling boy and you are his whole world. Keep up the good work!!

Sarah Jimenez said...

**HUGS!!**

Hang in there Barbara! Before you know it, he'll be on a mission! Rylee was a nightmare to potty train. I am sooo not looking forward to getting to that stage with Ryan.

If you pick up any great tips along the way, feel free to share =)

Congrats on all your bike riding too- wonder woman you are! =)

Barbara said...

Thanks all for the encouragement!!! We have actually had a lot better days since I posted last!!! I know there are still many more accidents to come but they are getting fewer so I'm excited!!!