Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Big 30

Yep that's right, Randy is 30!!! I can't believe it!!! I don't think he looks that old but I've never really been a good judge at how old people are. Randy told me he was responsible for taking treats to work on his birthday, which I hardly thought was fair, because you know darn well that means it's MY responsibility to make something!!! So, I thought I would make my wonderful cinnamon rolls because the recipe makes sooooo many and they are soooooo good that I just end up eating them all. I thought if I made them, I could just eat one and send the rest to work with him!!!!

So, Randy and I started off his birthday with a nice little jog this morning. It was so nice to just get out of the house in the fresh, cool air. It really made me realize how blessed I am to have a wonderful husband that will actually jog with me. And when I got too tired to jog, he practically just ran in place while I walked. He is such a sweet husband, I just love him so much! He is the most selfless person I have ever met in my entire life! For example: I asked him what he wanted for his birthday and he said, "the climbing shoes I bought YOU can be my birthday present because now you can climb more with me." It made me feel like crap because I have a huge list of things I want for ME and I use every excuse I can to buy them!

He is also so extremely PATIENT with me all the time. Sometimes it makes me sick how patient he can be because we all know how extremely impatient I am, but I would rather him be patient because it is probably the main reason why we get a long. I guess opposites DO attract each other!

I took the kids over to his work for the first time this morning and we took Randy a Balloon Bouquet. It was fun to finally see his office and meet some of the people he works with. He is loving his job so much, even though he's still trying to learn all the procedures when it comes to court. He finally finished his class and is enjoying a little break until he starts Graduate School! He is such a hard worker and I am so proud of how far he has come with his schooling! I love you Randy!!! Happy Birthday!!!

2 comments:

Sarah Jimenez said...

Happy Birthday Randy! Wow, 30 is pushin it! haha. jk. You guys are such a cute couple. I hope we get to see you more this summer!

Nina said...

Sometimes I feel like I stay the same age, but the numbers just keep changing meaning. I feel like I was in high school yesterday, but what seemed old no longer does. Anyway tell him happy birthday from us. I am so glad that you ended up with your perfect guy. You two seem like you have so much fun going through life.